Care and Maintenance Tips Keep Your Car Running in Top-Notch Condition: We’ve compiled our best expert advice, surprising tricks, and car care tips to prolong the life of your automobile!
1. Be patient during the break-in period: You’ve bought your dream car and now you want to make it last at long as possible in top condition. Here are some things to remember as you pull it out of the dealer’s lot:
- During the break-in period, typically the first 1,000 miles (1,600 km), keep your speed under 55 mph (88 kpm) or to the speed recommended by your car’s manufacturer.
- Avoid heavy loads on the drive train, such as towing trailers, and loading the roof rack or trunk with heavy construction materials.
- Do not allow your new car to idle for long periods — this is good advice for the life of your car, but especially during breakin. The oil pressure generated by doing so may not be sending oil to every part of your engine.
- Use only light to medium acceleration, keeping the engine rpms below 3,000 for the first few hours of driving.
In an attempt to boost performance, tire manufacturers analyze the capabilities of their tires under a variety of road conditions and speeds to ensure the safety and durability of their tires. These tests are conducted on all factory-made tires whether they are intended for rain, snow, off-road, performance or fuel conservation. Among the many tests done on new tires is stopping distance. Stopping distance is the span of road that it takes for a vehicle to come to a complete stop.
February 17, 2015: JASPER Driveline Division Prepares for 2015 Racing Season. A new year of racing is upon us. The Driveline Division of Jasper Engines & Transmissions looks to build upon an impressive 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. Five of the top 10 drivers in the 2014 final points standings drove cars equipped with JASPER products: Denny Hamlin finished third, Joey Logano was fourth, Brad Keselowski was fifth, Matt Kenseth was seventh and Kyle Busch was tenth.
The logistics of getting out to California were challenging for many of my fellow pros, so I hired someone to bring my rig out west. That would give me more time at home, where our new house project is still underway, and it meant that I could fly out and spend some time with Jasper Engines and Transmissions clients before the practice period started. I met up with some great guys at Lake Berryessa and we enjoyed a couple of fantastic days on the water, which got me in a good frame of mind.
We all know that we should get around to changing our oil more often, yet more times than we’d like to admit, that dashboard light stays on for an extended period of time.
It is very important not to put it off for long. Changing your oil on a regular basis is the best way to maximize the life of your car, maximize horsepower and make sure all cylinders are firing.